Santiago Climate & Temperature
- Santiago, Chile is at 33°30'S, 70°42'W, 520 m (1706 ft). See map.
- Santiago has a mid-latitude steppe/ semi-arid cool climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: BSk).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Santiago is situated in or near the cool temperate steppe biome.
- The mean temperature is 13.6 degrees Celsius (56.5 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 12.9 °C (23.2°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype truly oceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 261.6 mm (10.3 inches) which is equivalent to 261.6 Litres/m² (6.42 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2462 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Santiago you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Xi"An, China where you would find a Humid subtropical climate (Warm temperate dry forest biome).
Santiago Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Santiago Climate Graph in Metric Units
Santiago Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Santiago, Chile Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Currently under general maintenance.|
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- La Vega, Chile - 124 kms (77 miles) NNW
- El Ingenio, Chile - 120.9 kms (75.1 miles) NNW
- Catapilco, Chile - 114.6 kms (71.2 miles) NNW
- Puchuncavi, Chile - 109.3 kms (67.9 miles) NW
- Valparaiso, Chile - 66.9 kms (41.6 miles) NW
- Limache-Esval, Chile - 78.8 kms (48.9 miles) NW
- Quintero, Chile - 82.1 kms (51 miles) NW
- Quilpue, Chile - 86.6 kms (53.8 miles) WNW
- Longovilo-Hacienda, Chile - 84 kms (52.2 miles) SW
- Graneros-Sendos, Chile - 63.4 kms (39.4 miles) S
- Rengo, Chile - 101.3 kms (62.9 miles) S
- Vina Vieja, Chile - 108.9 kms (67.7 miles) SSW